Overall Rating: Good addition to your BB, 3/5 stars
Price Rating: $4.99 / A little high for what you get, 3/5 stars
Are you a super busy person like myself and continually trying to remember when you are supposed to be somewhere? or call someone? If you answered yes to those than you may want to take a look at Swoosh Alarm by Swoosh Software LLP.
Swoosh Alarm is a nice addition to your native calendar, as you can set alarms for waking up, meetings, weekend time, or whatever you need. Now don’t worry about what OS you are using as this app is good for everything from 4.2 and up.
A nice feature that you do not get with the native calendar is that you can set it up to show off multiple world clocks. Something like this is great for me as I do business with people outside of North America and I am continually trying to do the math to figure what time it is in London. This feature will also be great for people that have friends and family all around the world.
The last feature that I really like, even though it is still in beta, is the location alarm. You can search for a city, or specific location and the alarm connects via your GPS and tells you when you are at your location. Now I know many of you would say ‘that’s what BB maps or Google Maps is for’, but this feature is just a nice little alarm to remind you your close if you already know how to get there. Remember this feature is still in beta and it could change drastically by the time it is out of beta.
- Great app to provide re-occurring alarms for people on the go
- World clocks make it extremely easy for people who have friends, family, or business overseas
- Location alarms is a good idea, but still in beta and needs some work
- General kitchen timer is great for anything you are doing that needs to be timed.
- Price is a little high, at least until the location alarm is out of beta, then the price would be justified.
- UI isn’t the most appealing, no functionality issues, just not an attractive layout
- The volume of the alarms is not the loudest. If your device is in your pocket and you only have it set to ‘tone’ you may not hear it.
Overall this app is a nice addition to your Blackberry. It expands on the notifications that you get within your native calendar. So if you are comfortable with the price and looking to keep yourself from being late, head on over to the Nerdberry.net Store and get it today.
As always if you buy this app please stop by the Nerdberry Forums and let us know what you think of it, or of anything you find.