Evernote agrees that viewing notes on your BlackBerry device was “not a good experience”. To combat this problem, Evernote has released an update that cuts off all jumps to the mobile web interface. Now on, they will be done from inside the application and with its own native browser. Evernote says this will translate to a better layout and easier navigation in the application.
New features include:
- Native browsing and viewing – Evernote for BlackBerry now has a native note browser, which means better layout, easier navigation and faster loading.
- Menu items – To conserve screen real estate, we’ve placed many of the important application functions into the menu. If you don’t see an option on-screen, be sure to check the menu
- Tune-ups on:
- Better search performance
- Improved networking in a variety of BlackBerry configurations
- Resolved login and permission issues
- Many other bug fixes and improvements
You can either pick up the update in App World or OTA directly at the links below:
- BlackBerry v. 4.5 (older Curve models)
- BlackBerry v. 4.6 (Bold, Tour)
- BlackBerry v. 4.7 (Storm/Storm2)
Note: According to Evernote “There is a huge number of permutations of different BlackBerry models and carriers. Our new app supports many, but not all, of them. The best way to check if your device and carrier are supported is to visit BlackBerry App World. If you see Evernote listed, then your phone/carrier combination is supported.”