There has been a lot of talk about the delay of the Canadian Torch launch, one of the rumors is that the carriers told RIM that there needed to be a OS update prior to launch. We now know that all the Canadian Torch’s launched with OS 18.104.22.168, which seems to be a solid OS. RIM has recently released some of the changes or updates that this OS version includes.
- Browser – faster page loading and improved panning
- User input – handled more efficiently, improved responsiveness after unlocking device
- Applications – faster launching, exiting and switching
- Home Screen – faster rendering and smoother transitions when switching between panes
- Media – faster rendering of thumbnails in picture application
- Email/Messaging – faster and smoother scrolling in message list and when reading email
- Voice- Software improvements for improved audio quality
Now some of these changes are worded vaguely and don’t really tell us anything. But the main thing to take away from this is that the OS is solid and helped the Canadian launch be better received than the AT&T one.
If you are running .246 on a Torch please drop us a comment or head over to the Nerdberry Forums and let us know how you find it!
Source: Blackberry Cool