If you remember back a day or two ago we reported that RIM was looking into renaming WES (Wireless Enterprise Symposium) to something new. Well it has been confirmed today that WES will now be know as the Blackberry World Congress. This isn’t anything too surprising as it seemed a little weird that WES didn’t contain the brand name of Blackberry, especially considering it is RIM’s big conference/show of the year. WES has always been a very important event for all Blackberry lovers as that is usually when we see new devices, etc announced. Hopefully this year will see some very exciting new devices, either smartphones or perhaps something else new in the tablet arena. The conference will still hold the same breakout sessions, hands-on labs and certifications as in the past, while incorporating more from other areas of the BlackBerry platform as well. Attendees of BlackBerry World will be able to:
- Hear the most current information about the BlackBerry solution, new application partners, and roadmaps for the future
- See live demonstrations of the BlackBerry solution at work
- Get answers from BlackBerry experts to develop value-driven wireless solutions, as well as carriers and vendors who can help provide valuable wireless research information
- Meet and connect with key executives who are making the BlackBerry solution part of their business planning, and the industry leaders who are shaping the future of global wireless technology
- Get training on the BlackBerry platform, with additional opportunities for technical certification
As always the conference will be held in Orlando Florida, and if all goes well we here at Nerdberry are going to do our best to get down there to report all the news to you first hand. Registration for the conference will begin in January with the event being held from May 3-5, 2011. For more information head over to blackberryworld.com.
What do you think of the new name??? Pleaase drop us a comment or head over to the Nerdberry Forums and voice your opinion!