As I stated in my previous post Ubersocial Has a Major Security Flaw!?! @UberSoc Feedback Please! I was going to test out my account. I must say this is a HUGE security issue that needs to be addressed by both UberMedia and Twitter alike. Here is what I did.
- I logged in to Twitter.
- I changed my password to my personal account @sleepy2009.
- I logged out of Twitter.
- I grabbed my BlackBerry and opened UberSocial.
- What do I see? Hmm… I still have full access to my account with out changing my password on my BlackBerry to match the password I updated on Twitter.
- I was able to post the below Tweet without any issues!
- To get UberSocial to reset you MUST log out and then log in. If you do that it will ask you for the new password.
- If I lose my phone or someone steals it they still have full access to UberSocial on my BlackBerry Not Cool at all.
So here is what I am going to do. I will leave it the way it currently is setup on my BlackBerry to see if maybe there is some delay issue with the way UberSocial and Twitter connect to each other. I will check it again in the morning if nothing has changed IDK to say. UberMedia and Twitter need to address this issue ASAP!