Google Cloud Printing is the link between your network printer and network, this enables you to print Google docs and email attachments right from the Playbook.
How to Setup Google Cloud Print
- Download and Install the Google Chrome Browser
- Launch Google Chrome, and then click on the wrench icon in the upper right corner.
- On Windows select ‘Option’. On Mac OS select ‘Preferences’
- Select the tab ‘Under the Hood’
- Scroll to the bottom where it says Google Cloud Print
- Click ‘Sign in to Google Cloud Print’
- You will get a familiar Google login dialog. Enter your Gmail credentials to configure Cloud Print
- If you successfully enter your credentials, you will then see a success dialog
- Now Print a test Page
- Open the browser on the Playbook and logon to your email account. By default you are connected using the mobile client. On the right side click the double down arrows to show the menu options including print. Like Magic you can see your printers and print your documents. It is worth noting that the computer you use Cloud Print on must be logged in and on your home network or the network with the printer, assuming it is a classic printer. Oh, and connected to the Internet too. It just doesn’t get much easier than this. Take advantage of this great free feature from Google.