File Browser for the PlayBook is a all in one file browsing app that has received a small update to v2.3.3 from v2.3.2. With the update being so small we can only assume that this update was to fix some bugs found in the application.
File Browser for BlackBerry® PlayBook™ provides a fast, smooth, lightweight, icon based user interface to work with the whole BlackBerry® PlayBook™ file system and functions as a file manager.
Currently supported features in v2.3.2 are:
- Access SD card file system of your bridged BlackBerry® smartphone.
- Zip and unzip ZIP archive files.
- Browse all files and folders in the FULL QNX file system.
- FTP Integration – download and upload files. Allows network browsing also (Requires FTP server on the network).
- View text based files such .txt, .XML, etc. Also,
- Sort files by name, date, size or type
- Search files and folders
- Hide your files by Password protecting the application and secure your files
- Open files with associated applications
- View files and folders in tile view or list view (with file details)
- View thumbnails of pictures for ease of organization
- Add and delete folders
- Use “Selection Mode” to mass copy/cut/delete files and folders
- Copy, move (cut) files and folders – Rename files and folders
- Get detailed information on any file or folder
- Shows total size of files in any folder and the space left on your BlackBerry® PlayBook™ in the status bar
- Open SWF files
Future features planned:
- Email files from the app
- DropBox, Google Docs and Cloud based services integration
- Much more planned
You need to unlock the BB smartphone by first going to Bridge Files or Messages and entering your password to unlock. Then access the SD card folder in File Browser again.
You can buy File Browser in the BlackBerry App World for only $1.99