If you are a fan of UberSocial then you will be happy to hear that there is a new update today. This update brings the version number to 1.250 and includes official BlackBerry 7 support. While the Twitter client has been working on BB7 devices this update will bring fixes and new features as well. Make sure that you hit the jump to check out all the new features and to get the download links as well!
Version 1.250 includes the following changes:
- Direct support for the latest OS 7 BlackBerry devices
- For BlackBerry OS 6.0 and 7.0 devices we now support the home screen message notification bar so DMs, @replies/mentions and inner circle tweets will show up there for quick access from the device home screen. When you see the mini UberSocial icon, click the bar and the tweets/DMs that caused the notification will be displayed along with a snippet of the tweet. Clicking the tweet snippet will take you directly to it.
- Fixed bug where tweets would not open on some touch screen devices when you touched them
- Fixed bug where trending topics descriptions would sometimes overlap in the list.
- Fixed issue caused by twitter wrapping all URLs with t.co shortened links, this affected twitlonger, tmi.me, myloc.me and mypict.me links
- List timelines now include retweets
- Fixed bug where mini-icon would sometimes have a zero next to it
- Improved load times for the inner circle timeline
- Mypict.me now respects the picture size that you choose.
- Profile pictures are now rotated correctly
- Added ‘Login via Browser’ as an option when adding more then one account
- Added multiple retries to the authorization process as the twitter servers appear to timeout or return nothing quite often
- Added a ‘Theme’ menu itme so you can easily change themes from the home timeline without going into options
- Changed the menu text of ‘My Timeline’ to ‘My Tweets’ to more accurately reflect the functionality
- Support for new device screen sizes for installable themes
- Fixed a theme bug where backgrounds were not being used on all screens, causing tiling of the portrait background
If you prefer, you can also download a zip file containing all of the builds, along with the ALX file. You can download this to your PC/Mac and install the appropriate build to your device using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. You do this by downloading UberSocial.zip, unzipping it, then use the BlackBerry Desktop Manager to add the correct build to your device. When you unzip it, there will be a directory structure created with different builds for each version of the BlackBerry Operating System. The builds are in subdirectories with the directory name being the version of the build, for example 4_3 has the build for OS version 4.3, 5_0 has the build for OS version 5.0 devices.