The AT&T international App allows users to make inexpensive international long distance calls from the US with thier BlackBerry using the existing wireless service they have; best of all there are no recurring charges, prepaid balances, or commitment terms.
Here is the information from AT&T’s Press Release:
AT&T’s Lowest International Calling Rates
• Enjoy our lowest international calling rates to more than 220 countries.¹
• Rates are just 2¢ per minute to Canada and as low as 4¢ per minute to wirelines in countries like China, France, Germany and the U.K.
• See all our great rates at www.callinternational.att.com.
AT&T Call International App Features
• No monthly recurring charges, hidden call fees or packages of minutes to purchase.
• No special codes or PINs needed to place a call. Dial family and friends directly from your BlackBerry contact list.
• Convenient billing directly to your credit card.
• Online account management includes prior statements and near real-time call billing.
Using the AT&T Call International App
• Download the app and follow the simple instructions to set up your AT&T Call International account.
• You’re now ready to start making calls! Simply dial the international number and the AT&T Call International app automatically connects the call.
• Or, select “Contacts” to choose an international number from your address book.
• The app will route your call over the wireless network to the AT&T Call International gateway, using a routing number that will appear on your screen. The gateway will complete the call to your dialed number.
• International long distance charges will be billed to the credit card associated with your AT&T Call International account.
• For additional information and details, including the AT&T Call International App End User License Agreement, visit www.callinternational.att.com.
Download the AT&T Call International App now and start saving TODAY!
¹Regular airtime rates apply when calling from the U.S., Puerto Rico and U.S.V.I. A small amount of domestic data usage also applies when connecting a call. Calls to wireless numbers and numbers for special services such as Premium Rated Services may cost more than calls to wireline numbers. For a complete list of rates, view the Calling Rate Information under the “My Account” section of the App or visit www.callinternational.att.com