Research In Motion is sponsoring a new contest this month on Twitter called #JanuBerry! Starting today January 16th through the 27th the @BlackBerry twitter account will be posting questions. All you have to do is answer the question and make sure to use the hashtag the #JanuBerry in the tweet. You can only enter one time per question the thenth correct answer wins a cool prize like: BlackBerry Bold 9900 or Torch 9850, a BlackBerry PlayBook, BlackBerry cases, BBMing gloves, BlackBerry beanies, and BBM stickers. Hit the break for the full details of the contest!
Please let us know in the comments if you win!
#JANUBERRY Contest Rules
(“OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES”)
#JANUBERRY CONTEST (“CONTEST”) SPONSORED BY RESEARCH IN MOTION LIMITED (“SPONSOR”). CONTEST BEGINS ON MONDAY, JANUARY 16TH, 2012 AT 12:00:01 AM ET AND ENDS ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 27th, 2012 AT 12:00:00 PM ET (“CONTEST PERIOD”).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final, without right of appeal, on all matters relating to this promotion. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state and local laws. Void where prohibited by law.
- ELIGIBILITY AND HOW TO ENTERNo purchase necessary. Contest is open to legal residents of Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec) and of the United States including the District of Columbia, who have reached the age of majority in their respective province/state of residence and who are registered Twitter users. To enter, follow @BlackBerry on Twitter (http://twitter.com/blackberry). Periodically throughout the Contest Period, invitations will be posted on the @BlackBerry Twitter Page inviting you to enter the Contest (each a “Contest Invitation”) by answering a fun BlackBerry® related question. To enter, answer the question by sending a tweet from your Twitter account to @BlackBerry, including #JanuBerry in your message. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person, per Twitter account for each Contest Invitation. In the event of a dispute, the account holder of the Twitter account specified will be deemed to be the entrant. Employees or contractors of Sponsor, its affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies and immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
- PRIZESThe number of prizes (each a “Prize”) available to be won and the approximate value of each are outlined in the chart below.
Approximate Retail Value ($USD)
3 BlackBerry Bold 9900 Devices
3 Case for BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930
15 Case of Your Choice Codes
3 BlackBerry Torch 9850 Devices
3 Case For Torch 9850/9860
20 BBMing Gloves
15 BBM Chat Bubble Laptop Stickers
4 BlackBerry PlayBook Device
4 Case For PlayBook
5 BlackBerry Beanies
The Prize awarded for any given Contest Invitation will be randomly selected by Sponsor. Requests for a specific Prize will not be accepted or fulfilled. Activation, airtime, service, accessories and any other costs not specifically identified as included in the Prize are the responsibility of each winner (“Winner”). Sponsor is not responsible for any third-party products or services you may use with a BlackBerry device Prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded, are not transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value, in its sole discretion. Odds of winning depend on likelihood of being 10th correct tweet amongst all eligible entrants in any given Contest Invitation.
Sponsor is not liable for any tax implications arising from the Prize or Contest. The Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, provincial/state and local taxes and all other costs and expenses associated with Prizes not specified herein as being awarded.
- HOW TO WINThe entrant who posts the 10th correct tweet in response to any given Contest Invitation will be eligible to win. If the 10th tweet does not contain the correct response, the subsequent tweet will be reviewed, and so on, until the correct response is found. If the eligible entrant resides in Canada, he/she will be required to answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, which will be administered by Sponsor at a pre-arranged mutually convenient time, before being declared a Winner.
The Winner of the Prize, may be required to sign a standard Release and Indemnity form confirming compliance with the Official Contest Rules and releasing Sponsor and its directors, affiliates, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies from any and all liability arising from their participation in the Contest or out of, pursuant to, or as a result of the carrying out of the Contest, including liability arising from the acceptance of and usage of the Prize as awarded. Failure to comply with the Official Contest Rules or to sign and return the Release and Indemnity form within five (5) days of the date on the documents will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the Prize.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCEWinner will be contact directly via Twitter direct message within twenty-four (24) hours after any given Contest Invitation. If you are identified as an eligible Winner, contact Sponsor via Twitter direct message and provide complete contact information (full name, email address and mailing address). If the Prize remains unclaimed after twenty-four (24) hours from the time a Winner is contacted, or if the Winner is unable to comply with these Official Contest Rules, the Prize may be awarded to the entrant with the subsequent correct tweet who is able to comply with these Official Contest Rules.
- USE OF INFORMATION/PRIVACYAll entries become property of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including submissions provided by entrants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
Each entrant grants permission for Sponsor and its designees to use his/her name, address (city and Province/State), photograph, voice and/or other likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, in perpetuity, without compensation, notification or permission.
Each Entrant consents to the collection, use and disclosure of his/her personal information for the purposes of this Contest and grants permission for Sponsor to disclose personal information to its related and affiliated companies, contractors and agents to assist in the Contest.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITYSponsor assumes no responsibility for delayed or misdirected entries or for any failure of any website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer, mobile device or other electronic device related to or resulting from this Contest.
In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest and if it so chooses, to award the Prize based on a random entry from those entries received prior to termination. In the event of any modification, Sponsor may post a notice on Twitter or at http://www.blackberry.com.
- GENERAL CONDITIONSThis Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state and local laws and regulations. All entrants agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules, Twitter’s Terms of Service and Twitter’s Rules. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be in violation of these Official Contest Rules or tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of the Contest.
The Official Contest Rules shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to conflict of laws principles. Any dispute under the Official Contest Rules shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario. You irrevocably waive any objection on the grounds of venue, forum non-conveniens or any similar grounds and irrevocably consent to service of process by mail or in any other manner permitted by applicable law and consent to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario. You further hereby waive any right to a trial by jury with respect to any lawsuit or judicial proceeding arising or relating to the Official Contest Rules.
Entrants agree, by participating, (i) to be bound by the terms of these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding, without right of appeal, on all matters relating to this promotion, and (ii) to indemnify, release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees from any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this promotion or acceptance, misuse, nonuse or use of any Prize, including any travel or activity related thereto.
Any provision in these Official Contest Rules which is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason by any court, governmental department, body or tribunal, or in any applicable jurisdiction shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability and will not invalidate or render unenforceable the remaining provisions hereof and should any provision be held invalid or unenforceable in an applicable jurisdiction such provision shall not be invalidated or rendered unenforceable in any other jurisdiction.
- WINNER LISTFor the name of the Winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: #JanuBerry Contest, Research In Motion Limited, 295 Phillip Street, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. The winner list will be available for the calendar month after the end of the Contest Period. Residents of United States may omit return postage.