We know a lot is going on this year for RIM and now BGR has gotten a bit more information on RIM’s roadmap for 2012/Q1 2013. There info goes on to say the BlackBerry 10 devices will star shipping in the fall (knew that already).
According to BGR, RIM is planning to launch BlackBerry 7 legacy devices in emerging and global markets leading up to the first BlackBerry 10 handset launch later this year. Let’s go through what we’re looking at from RIM over the next 15 months:
- RIM plans to introduce two new Curve smartphones within the next few months: the BlackBerry Curve 9230 and the BlackBerry Curve 9320. The 9230 will be an EDGE smartphone and the Curve 9320 will be an HSPA device.
- While we don’t have confirmation on the size, we have heard that RIM will introduce a new PlayBook tablet with 1.5GHz processor, built-in HSPA+ 42Mbps cellular data support and NFC around May or June.
- RIM’s BlackBerry London is still on track for a September launch.
- There is now another BlackBerry 10 smartphone in the works that will launch as part of RIM’s Bold series. The phone features a touchscreen display and QWERTY keyboard, and it is planned for a December release.
- A QWERTY slider running BlackBerry 10 has been talked about for the first quarter of 2013.
What do you think about the rumored lineup? Let us know in the comments!