Communilator app for Blackberry is the most in depth, advanced language translation available for Blackberries. Just put in a sentence or word you want to translate and voila! There it is for you to read in another language. It can also speak the translation for you. A neat feature I think is, taking a picture of something in a foreign language and inputting it into the app and it will translate that too. One downside is that Communilator does not yet support OS 7 devices, just OS 5 and 6.
Communilator™ is the world’s most advanced Mobile phone language translation application. Capable of recognizing and translating foreign text (books, newspapers, menus, etc.) in 44 languages captured with the BlackBerry camera; of delivering translations in over 3,000 language-pairs; of providing High-Quality (HQ) Speech for translations in 20 foreign languages; and of seamless integration with SMS and email.
• TRANSLATE BETWEEN 54 FOREIGN LANGUAGES – Source text for translation (Powered by Google Translate) can come from typed input, email, SMS, copy, and photos. Auto detect feature for when you are unable to identify the language. Includes font control, Landscape mode and language reversal at the touch of a button.
• TRANSLATION OF FOREIGN TEXT IMAGES TAKEN WITH THE MOBILE PHONE CAMERA – Need to translate foreign language books, newspapers, letters or other documents? Simply take a picture and within seconds read it in your native language.
• SPOKEN AUDIO OUTPUT FOR TEXT TRANSLATIONS – Listen to translations in High-Quality (HQ) Speech (4X the resolution of standard telephonic audio output). Communilator has an extensive speech portfolio of 20 languages including 37 male and female voices.
• SEAMLESS SMS AND EMAIL INTEGRATION – Communicate with foreign friends, business associates and on social media sites globally.
• CREATE CUSTOMIZED PHRASEBOOKS – With stored History and Favorite translations for future use offline
NOTE 1: Communilator requires an Internet connection. Stored History and Favorite translations for offline usage requires an installed SD card.
NOTE 2: SMS feature requires an OS6 device.
TRANSLATION LANGUAGES: Africans, Albanian, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese-Simple, Chinese-Traditional, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Haitian-Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese-Brazilian, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish
TEXT-TO-SPEECH LANGUAGES: Arabic, Catalan, Chinese-Simple; Chinese-Traditional, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese-Brazilian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
PHOTO TRANSLATION LANGUAGES: Africans, Albanian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese-Simple, Chinese-Traditional, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese-Brazilian, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Turkish, Welsh
Get it for $2.99 at Blackberry App World.