RIM has posted an update on the FREE BlackBerry PlayBook offer for deverlopers! There has been a total of 6,225 apps submitted! Hit the breal for more info!
The offer closes at 11:59 PM EST on March 2nd. As long as you have your app submitted by then, you are still eligible.
We’ve been getting a lot of tweets and emails about the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ offer.
There are thousands of developers eligible for the offer, so it’s not surprising that the questions we’ve been hearing are: how long do apps take to get approved, when will the BlackBerry PlayBook tablets ship, etc… Here’s a quick update:
The most common issues we have found with applications that have gated approval are:
- The app is not code signed – more info here
- The app targets the wrong OS version – all applications must target BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0
More than 1,200 apps have one of these issues and we are waiting on the developers to correct them.
As of 5:00pm EST on February 28 th:
- 6,225 apps have been submitted
- 4,777 developers have submitted at least one app and have been sent a notification stating, “You’ve completed the first step for the offer”
- 1,827 applications have been approved and 1,283 developers have been sent an email requesting their shipping address details
- We have over 3,000 apps pending review
To help with the reviews, we’ve added more staff to the BlackBerry App World™ storefront team. We are currently averaging 250 app reviews per day. With the added staff, we should be close to 400 per day.
- If you’ve submitted your shipping address and need to check on the status, please email BlackBerryPlayBookOffer@tmgideas.com
- All shipments have been caught up as of Tuesday, February 28th
Please be sure to check your email and spam/junk folder to see if you have notifications from RIM or TMG Ideas. In the meantime, rest assured we are committed to this offer and are working our way through the backlog. Thank you for your patience.
Via: BlackBerry Dev Blog