Yesterday we saw a round of OS updates for the BlackBerry Bold 9900 and Torch 9810 on T-Mobile. Today WIND Mobile has released OS 126.96.36.1997 for the BlackBerry Bold 9900!
Instructions for installation:
- After the download is complete, make sure you have no other OS installed on your PC from the Control Panel (Usually named BlackBerry Device Software), install the file you have just downloaded.
- Next, Navigate to one of the following paths depending on your Windows Operating System:
- •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
- •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
- Delete the file name vendor or vendor.xml in that folder.
- While you are still in that folder, after you have deleted the above mentioned file, you will find another file by the name of Loader.exe or simply Loader
- Run that file, you will now get the screen to initialize the upgrade of the OS on your BB, click next to continue, your device PIN will be listed on this next screen, click next again to continue.
- Now you will get with a list of options to select or deselect the components you want to install.
- Carefully select only the items that you need, do not select all the chat messengers and components you know you will not use as this will eat up your precious application memory.
- After you have selected the components you want to install, click next, and the upgrade process shall begin.
- Your phone will automatically create a backup of your settings / apps first, then it will wipe the old OS then install the new one and restore the backup.
- Should anything go wrong at this stage, you will have to wipe your device nd try again, but luckily, we have created a backup file at the beginning of these instructions, so you will still be able to restore all your contacts, emails, settings, etc. easily.
Disclaimer: Make sure you to backup your device using the BlackBerry Desktop Software before attempting to upgrade!