PlayBook App Manager is a new application management program for the PlayBook. This application is completely web based and will replace a large amount of other applications. Hit the break for more information. The PlayBook App Manager does many things, and although its primary purpose is add and remove programs from your PlayBook it can also do things like terminate processes, and includes an android kill switch. The Application is an extension of Firefox and allow you to connect to the PlayBook via wifi or USB.
Here are some of the features:
- Save your password in the browser for auto login (or not if you choose not to). Some tricks are done to save half of usual login time.
- List all the apps installed. Query run status, launch, terminate, or uninstall any individual app.
- Install apps by a queue. Multiple apps may be added to the queue by choosing files in a dialog or a simple drag and drop. Apps may be removed from the queue and installation may be aborted. Installation status is displayed in two steps: file uploading (to the playbook) with a progress bar and the actual installation with echoed messages.
- Auto retry for any incomplete installation or uninstallation.
- Log and categorize all the results of installations. Locate each one of them by a simple click.
You can pick up the App Manager from the dev’s website here.