Gist for BlackBerry has Been updated to v1.8.1! The update fixes a bug that prevented Gist from working with SD cards. Know more about who you know. Gist for BlackBerry smartphones enables you to access all of your contacts in one place and see updates for each contact from various sources including email, social networks and other online content.
Gist reviews the volume of communication that you have with each and every person in your network, the frequency of communication and the number of account connections for each contact to establish an ‘importance’ ranking.
Gist adds a ‘Get the Gist’ menu item to your BlackBerry’s Messages, Calendar and Contacts applications. When you are viewing an item in one of those applications, you can select ‘Get the Gist’ from the menu to see the Gist profile of that person.
Here’s what you can do with Gist for BlackBerry smartphones:
- See a unified contact list across email, social networks and other sources.
- Get news, status updates and contact details for everyone in your network.
- ‘Get the Gist’ for a contact directly from a message or calendar event by using the BlackBerry main menu.
- Easily share a social update or news item via email, Twitter or Facebook.
- See a photo for each contact and start a text message, email, phone or BBM conversation directly from Gist.
- Sort contacts by ‘Importance’ to highlight the people you’re emailing and meeting with the most.
- Add contacts to Gist from your BlackBerry Contacts, Google Apps, Facebook and Twitter.