Last week we let you know that the QNX auto team was holding a contest where you could win a $25 gift card to Starbucks, those winners have been announced! There was a total of 17 people who guessed the correct answer. We wanted to take a moment and congratulate them! Now on to some thing a bit more involved, The 17 winners that guessed correctly guessed Jeep Wrangler Sahara!
The Jeep Wrangler Sahara prototype shows the Jeep’s personalization and Facebook features. Also, check out the QNX Flickr page for even more photos of the Jeep. The whole interface is utilizing HTML5, and also uses NFC pairing, and Ultra HD hands free communication. A demo has been setup for the Jeep during Telematics Detroit you can read more about the by visiting QNX Software Systems’ Facebook page.
Other highlights of the new reference vehicle include:
- auto-centric HTML5 framework for leveraging the mobile ecosystem
- integration with a variety of popular smartphones
- one-touch Bluetooth pairing with smartphones using NFC (Near-Field Communications)
- Ultra HD hands-free communication
- DLNA support for phone and home -based media>
- tablet-based rear-seat entertainment
- a reconfigurable digital instrument cluster
- The vehicle also integrates a variety of partner technologies, including hybrid navigation from TCS and Telenav, text-to-speech and natural speech recognition from Vlingo and AT&T, streaming Internet radio from Pandora and TuneIn, integrated weather reporting from the Weather Network, parking search from Best Parking, FOTA (Firmware Over-The-Air) software updates from Red BendSoftware, and integrated Bluetooth profiles from Sybase iAnywhere and Cybercom.