As the summer hits full swing so does vacationing and of course those much-anticipated holidays like the Fourth of July. I am sure that some of you already have your plans set in stone for what you are going to do this year and there are some of you that are just going to play it by year when the day comes. If you fall into either one of those categories or somewhere in between, we have some great tips and reminders that will help you get the most out of your BlackBerry on this Fourth of July.
Planning your Getaway
The Fourth of July is one of the busiest travel times of the year. It’s important to plan ahead, but it’s equally important to be ready to adjust on the fly so you can avoid the unexpected, sometimes nightmarish travel.
- BlackBerry Travel lets you plan and manage your trips. This app puts all travel updates in one place. If there are any changes to train/plane/bus reservations, you’ll receive an immediate notification!
- Want to avoid traffic as best as you can? BlackBerry Traffic, with hands-free turn-by-turn directions, gives you an ETA, as well as the most efficient travel routes based on current traffic conditions.
Utilizing your smartphone can help you throw that unforgettable Fourth of July barbecue or picnic.
- Instant messaging apps help you stay connected in real-time. With the new BBM, you can share calendar entries and invite your BBM contacts to your bash. Form a group chat to keep everyone in the loop on possible last-minute changes.
- What’s a backyard bash without music? Create a stellar playlist with input from the group using BBM Music, a social music sharing and discovery app. Smartphone accessories can also come in to play. The BlackBerry Music Gateway lets you wirelessly stream music to your stereo from any Bluetooth enabled smartphone or device. The BlackBerry Music Gateway turns your smartphone into a remote control. When paired, change tracks and adjust volume from your smartphone from up to 30 feet away. The BlackBerry Music Gateway also works with any Bluetooth enabled phone so everyone at the party or picnic can get involved
- Of course, it’s not all about food! Get some drink ideas from Mobile Bartender, which includes hundreds of recipes to take advantage of, or DrinkMaster, which has a database of over 6,000 drinks.
Take Your 4th of July Viral
Use your smartphone to capture and share thoughts, images and experiences real-time.
- Leave the bulky digital camera at home and capture all your fun moments using your smartphone camera. Snap pictures and take videos and share them instantly through Facebook, Twitter and more!
And if you are really looking to embrace your patriotic side you can outfit your BlackBerry in an American Flag skin cover (pictured below) from Etsy.com.