Crime is a serious problem in any large metropolitan area, and people need everything that they can to get the upper hand on criminals. Toronto’s CrimeStoppers has given BlackBerry users another tool to be able to curb the crime in Toronto. Hit the break for more details. The app launches on the Torch 9800 and is planned to be released on other smartphones as well. The app is packed with quite a few different things to help victims out in the time of need. The features are as follows:
- Record a video or photograph for easy tip submission.
- Find the nearest police station using GPS and receive turn by turn directions.
- Check the status of submitted tips.
- View Toronto’s “Most Wanted”.
- One touch calling directly to a Crime Stoppers Representative.
- One touch email composition to submit an email tip.
- View Toronto’s “Crime of the Week”.
- Connect with Toronto Crime Stoppers Social Media Pages.
The Toronto Police Department allow held a press conference for the release of the app. Here is the footage: