WhatsApp Messenger has been updated to v2.8.4532! This is a beta update and at this time there is now change log available to us. If you see anything differant feel free to let us know in the comments! WhatsApp is a cross-platform smartphone messenger available for BlackBerryÂ® and 4 other major handsets. WhatsApp Messenger utilizes your existing internet data plan to help you stay in touch with friends, colleagues and family.
First year FREE! ($0.99/year after)
- MULTIMEDIA: Send Video, Images, and Voice notes to your friends and contacts.
- GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group conversations with your contacts.
- NEW UI: Upgrade to version 2.7 and enjoy new awesome pretty GUI
- AWESOME. Once you and your contacts install WhatsApp Messenger, you can use it to message each other as much as you want. Send a million messages a day to your friends! WhatsApp uses 3G/EDGE internet data plan (or Wi-Fi if available)
- CROSS PLATFORM. Yes, you can message friends with non-BlackBerry devices and additionally exchange pictures, video, location and voice notes!
- NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES. Chat with your friends in other countries if they have WhatsApp installed on their BlackBerryÂ®. Avoid international SMS costs.
- NO PINS OR USERNAMES. Why even bother having to remember yet another PIN or username? WhatsApp works just like SMS would work via phone numbers and it integrates with your the address book of your device.
- NO NEED TO ADD BUDDIES. Your Address Book is used to automatically connect you with your contacts. Your friends with WhatsApp will be automatically displayed in Favorites menu.
- OFFLINE MESSAGES. Even if you turn off your device or travel outside of coverage area, WhatsApp will save your messages offline and will retrieve them when network coverage is restored or device is turned back on.
- AND MUCH MORE: Contact Blocking, Share location, Custom notification sounds, Email chat history, Broadcast messages to many contacts at once and much much more!
Download the beta by visiting: www.beta.whatsapp.com/ota/