If you are an avid Twitter user and in need of a new BlackBerry device, well then the @BlackBerry account is holding the contest for you. Starting today at 12PM EST the @BlackBerry account will be tweeting out a challenge that can net you some awesome prizes. In total there are 88 prizes to be won between now and December 21st, 2012. So if you are interested in winning some awesome stuff hit the break for all the contest details, and don’t forget about our Holiday BlackBerry Photo Contest!
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THESE OFFICIAL RULES APPLY TO THE #BERRYHOLIDAY CONTEST (“CONTEST”), SPONSORED BY RESEARCH IN MOTION LIMITED (“SPONSOR”). BY ENTERING, YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE READ, ACCEPTED AND AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH TWITTER INC. (“TWITTER”).
- 1. CONTEST PERIOD:
- The Contest begins at 12:00:01 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on December 10, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on Friday December 21, 2012 (“Contest Period”).
- 2. ELIGIBILITY:
- To be eligible, you must (a) be a legal resident of Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec) or the United States including the District of Columbia; and (b) have reached the age of majority in your respective province/state/territory of residence.
Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, retailers and advertising, promotion and judging agencies and all other service agencies and providers involved with the Contest, and members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and households of each, whether or not related are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law.
By entering this Contest, entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any applicable Contest Judges, which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
- 3. HOW TO ENTER:
- To enter, follow @BlackBerry on Twitter (http://twitter.com/blackberry). Periodically throughout the Contest Period, one invitation will be posted daily on the @BlackBerry Twitter Page inviting you to enter the Contest (each a “Contest Invitation”). Respond accordingly to the Contest Invitation to be eligible to enter (“Entry”).
All Entries must be tweeted by the entrant him/herself by 11:59 pm ET on the day of the given contest invitation to be eligible. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person and per Twitter account per day throughout the Contest Period. Any Entries received by any person or Twitter account in excess of the stated limitation will be void. The use of automated devices or any other mechanism that will circumvent the proper conduct of this Contest, whether intentional or otherwise, is prohibited.
Any entrant who intentionally and/or fraudulently provides incorrect personal data may be eliminated at Sponsor’s discretion. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account at the time of entry. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or re-run the Contest and withhold the Prize(s) if, in Sponsor’s reasonable opinion, there are insufficient Entries.
- The Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Entry must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest;
- The Entry must not contain images or artwork not created by entrant;
- The Entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Entry is created.
- 4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION:
- The 10th correct tweet to each Contest Invitation will be eligible to win. The odds of winning depend on the likelihood of being the 10th tweet. The eligible entrant will be informed via Twitter direct message within approximately 48 hours of the Contest Invitation being posted. If an entrant is found to not be in compliance with these Official Rules, if prize notification is not responded to within 48 hours or any Prize is returned as undeliverable or the entrant is unable to accept the Prize for any reason, the entrant will be disqualified, his/her Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate entrant at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Before being declared a winner, an entrant may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and, where lawful, Publicity Release, prior to delivery of the Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, Twitter handle, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants.
If the eligible entrant resides in Canada, before being declared a Winner, he/she will be required to correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, which will be administered by Sponsor at a pre-arranged mutually convenient time.
- 5. PRIZES:
- The number of prizes available to be won (each a “Prize”) and the approximate value of each are outlined in the chart below:
Quantity Prize Approx Retail Value 9 BlackBerry® PlayBook™ Tablet (16GB) $250 5 BlackBerry Music Gateway Device $50 20 Canadian-Branded 9900/9930 Cases $20 22 BlackBerry BBM Pin $1 16 BlackBerry BBMing Gloves $20 16 BlackBerry T-shirt $10
Activation, airtime, service, accessories and any other costs not specifically identified as included in the Prize are the responsibility of winner (“Winner”). Sponsor is not responsible for any third-party products or services you may use with the Prize.
Prizes will be delivered by mail to Winner’s residence and will only be delivered to verified Winner. Please allow approximately three weeks for delivery. Prizes are not transferrable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value if a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Winners will be solely responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial and local taxes and any other costs, expenses and fees associated with accepting and receiving the Prize. In the event any tax withholding is required by law for any Prize, winners authorize Sponsor to make the corresponding deduction.
- GENERAL TERMS
- 6. LICENSE TO USE:
- By entering, each entrant grants to Sponsor an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, transferable license of unlimited right, title and interest in and to his/her Entry, including, but not limited to, all copyright and trademark rights therein and thereto and all renewals and extensions thereof, throughout the universe, in perpetuity, for all purposes, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised.
- 7. INTERNET:
- Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled Entries, emails or tweets or for any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error or fraud, which may occur in the processing of the Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to, or in connection with, the Contest including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of Entries, views, postings and/or shares (as applicable), the announcement of the Prizes, or in any Contest-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual and void his or her Entry(ies) who tampers with the entry process.
- 8. RIGHT TO CANCEL, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR SUSPEND:
- If for any reason any aspect of this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor, subject to applicable laws, Sponsor may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, or invalidate any affected Entries. In the event the Contest is cancelled or terminated, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random draw from among all eligible Entries received up the time of such action. In the event of such an occurrence Sponsor may post a notice on @BlackBerry.
- 9. PRIVACY:
- 10. RELEASE:
- By entering, and to the extent permitted by applicable laws, entrants agree: (a) to release Sponsor, Contest Administrator, Twitter, and any third party retained by or on behalf of Sponsor for the purposes of executing and administering the Contest and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors, sales representatives, distributors, advertising, promotion and judging agencies and all other service agencies and providers involved with this Contest and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to their participation in the Contest and the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any Prize; and, (b) that under no circumstances will they be permitted to obtain awards for, and they hereby waive all rights to claim, any punitive, incidental, consequential or other damages including, but not limited to attorneys’ fees or other court costs, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. By submitting an Entry, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, and Sponsor is free to disclose the ideas contained in the Entry, on a non-confidential basis, to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees or contractors or obtained from other entrants or sources other than you. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry and may remove any Entry at any time.
- 11. GOVERNING LAW:
- This Contest is governed by, subject to and is to be interpreted, construed and enforced in accordance with the federal, provincial, state, territorial and local laws of Ontario without regard to conflict of law principles. Any dispute under these Official Rules shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario. You irrevocably waive any objection on the grounds of venue, forum non-conveniens or any similar grounds and irrevocably consent to service of process by mail or in any other manner permitted by applicable law and consent to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario. You further hereby waive any right to a trial by jury with respect to any lawsuit or judicial proceeding arising or relating to these Official Rules.
Any provision in these Official Rules which is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason by any court, governmental department, body or tribunal, or in any applicable jurisdiction shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability and will not invalidate or render unenforceable the remaining provisions hereof and should any provision be held invalid or unenforceable in an applicable jurisdiction such provision shall not be invalidated or rendered unenforceable in any other jurisdiction.
- 12. WINNER LIST:
- For a list of Winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: #BerryHoliday Contest, Research In Motion Limited, 300 Hagey Boulevard, Waterloo, Ontario Canada N2L 0A4. All requests for Winner Lists must be received on or before January 21, 2013. Residents of VT and Canada may omit return postage.
© 2012 Research In Motion Limited. All rights reserved. BlackBerry®, RIM®, Research In Motion® and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.