What’s New in BBM 7 with BBM Voice?
- Multi-tasking with Split-screen feature – Customers can do more while they talk, such as check other BBM text chats, check email, or navigate to other apps while engaged on a BBM Voice call. They can start a call in an instant, and switch between texting and talking, or text and talk at the same time. They can also for example, send a picture to a contact while they are talking with them.
- Clear Visual Indicator – Customers can see when contacts are available for a voice call.
- Convenient Compatibility with Accessories – Customers can use their favorite accessories, such as a Bluetooth® or wired headset, or use the BlackBerry smartphone’s speakerphone.
- 16 New Emoticons – Available in the final software released today, customers will see a slate of new emoticons offer them fresh, fun ways to express themselves in text chats.
- Direct BBM Update Notification – BBM will now notify a customer when there is an update from within the app, and allow them to download it immediately from inside the app.
- Simple BlackBerry ID Synchronization – A customer’s BBM profile, Groups and Contacts are now linked to their BBID for easy backup and restore. The data will also carry over when they move to BlackBerry 10.
NOTE: Please be aware that it may take up to 24 hours for the app to be available in the BlackBerry App World storefront.