One way to show that you believe in BlackBerry 10, and as excited about the launch, is to use one of the BlackBerry 10 Countdown Avatars on your BBM profile.
The two new avatars mark the 6 week countdown to the BlackBerry 10 launch event on January 30th. Either one of these will look great as your BBM profile pick. The process is super easy, and you can either do it from your computer or right from within your BlackBerry browser.
Here are the instructions that were provided by RIM the first time around.
To change your BBM Display Picture to this animated avatar:
1. Right-click on the avatar of your choice and select “Save picture as” to save it to your computer.
2. Email the file to the email address associated with your BlackBerry smartphone.
3. Open the image on your BlackBerry smartphone.
4. Press the menu button to “Download Attachment”.
5. In BBM, set the new file as your profile picture.