RIM has announce January’s BlackBerry Fan of the Month! We like to take a minute to congratulate Arisham AKA @arisham2003 for being the BlackBerry Fan of the Month! Nice job Zalman keep up the great work and if you are interested in writing about BlackBerry news and more let us know by BBMing us! Our BBM Pin:2A3FCADB! Hit the break to learn about how you can be the next BlackBerry Fan of the Month along with more info on Arisham!
A new year means new resolutions, new possibilities, and, of course, a new BlackBerry Fan of the Month (FOTM)! To go along with our recent trend of featuring fans from all over the globe, this month we’re putting the spotlight on a dedicated member of Team BlackBerry who hails from Kuala Lumpur.
Our January FOTM is what you might call a “true renaissance man.” He’s a gadget-loving IT specialist with a passion for traveling, hiking, mountain climbing, fishing AND martial arts (phew!) who loves spending time with his wife, kids and his three cats, who he affectionately refers to as his “furry kids”. When he’s not out conquering the world, this family man is known to lend a helping hand to BlackBerry users all around the world in person, over BBM, on Twitter and on the BlackBerry Malaysia Facebook Page. He also has his own Facebook page dedicated to sharing BlackBerry news, providing solutions and debating different topics with other fans!
With that, I’m pleased to introduce you all to our January FOTM, Arisham (@arisham2003). Read on to learn more about his journey on Team BlackBerry.
1. How many years have you been on Team BlackBerry?
I’ve been on #TeamBlackBerry since 2008. Since then I’ve been actively helping to answer BlackBerry questions from all around the globe.
2. How many BlackBerry devices have you had in total? Could you list them all out for us?
9! BlackBerry Bold 9000, BlackBerry Bold 9700, BlackBerry Bold 9790, BlackBerry Curve 8310, BlackBerry Curve 8520, BlackBerry Curve 9300, BlackBerry Storm 9520, BlackBerry PlayBook tablet (2). My next one (No. 10) should be a BlackBerry 10 device! 🙂
3. How many BBM contacts do you have?
More than 500 contacts from around the globe.
4. What is your favorite BBM emoticon?
*Running* – It’s my trademark.
5. Tell us about the best BBM you’ve ever received. What did it say and who was it from?
It was a BBM from a Brazilian user that reached me at 3:00am (Malaysia time). He needed help on reinstalling his OS. I guided him through until 5:00am. He then realized that it was late in the morning Malaysia time! We became good friends after that.
6. If you could BBM your BlackBerry, what would you say? How do you think your BlackBerry would respond?
I’d say, “Hi love, thank you for being loyal and for serving me sincerely.” She’d probably say “I’m yours, darling!”
7. Do you have an all-time favorite BlackBerry memory? If so, we’d love to hear about it.
I found a BlackBerry in public restroom. After a few calls, I managed to find the owner of the BlackBerry Bold 9700. I then returned the BlackBerry and said, “Only a BlackBerry lover would return a BlackBerry to the owner…‘cause we know how it feels to lose it!”
8. When did you start actively answering BlackBerry questions from other users on Twitter and Facebook?
I’ve been answering questions from many forums and Facebook Pages since 2008 and have been the resident fan that answers questions on the BlackBerry Malaysia Facebook page since the day the page launched. Twitter users can follow me at @arisham2003. I’ve been tweeting since February 15, 2010.
9. What made you decide to create a Facebook page dedicated to BlackBerry?
I love BlackBerry and I want all people to know news about it. With Facebook I can share my thoughts and carefully answer fans or debate certain topics. You can reach me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/powerfanarisham.
10. What was the most challenging BlackBerry-related support question you’ve ever resolved?
There was one user, she wasn’t a technie and she had hardly used any IT devices. The BlackBerry was given to her by her good friend and her BlackBerry OS corrupted. I carefully guided her step-by-step and did my best to keep her calm. We finally made it! She treated me for a nice coffee a few days after that. 🙂
11. What is the #1 BlackBerry tip you’d like to share with fellow BlackBerry users?
You own THE BEST smartphone. In time of need, BBM! We listen.
12. We love that you’re excited for the launch of BlackBerry 10. Which features are you MOST excited to try?
I love Blackberry HUB and the awesome new design paradigmI. Not to forget, the fluid virtual keyboard! Every time I go to sleep, I wish tomorrow is January 30, 2013!
13. Your Twitter bio says that you are an IT Specialist and a Martial Arts practitioner. Are those hobbies or do you do them professionally?
I’m an IT Specialist. I specialized in Document Management System prior to that. I have been a programmer for the last 15 years. I hold a Black Belt in Silat (Malay martial art). I’ve practiced it since I was 7 years old.
14. We also know that you’re a cat lover. Could you tell us more about when you were a CFA (Cat Fanciers’ Association) Ambassador?
I love to speak to people and teach them about cat care and cat shows. I also help spread the benefits of cat neutering to people. I also advise people on how to differentiate between pedigrees and long/semi-long hair cats and why people shouldn’t buy cats from backyard breeders.
I’ve owned Maine Coons, Norwegians and Siberians. I was the first in Asia to own a complete ‘Forest Cat’.
15. And finally, we just have to ask: Are you prepared to handle the fame that comes with being our Fan of the Month?
🙂 My martial art guru used to say, “Fame and Knowledge came with responsibility. Knowledge is powerful, Spread it!”
I would like to thank every man and woman who dedicated make a BlackBerry to what it is nowadays. To you guys in Inside BlackBerry for the wonderful conversation, love you! And not to forget, to all BlackBerry believers around the world…#BeBold!