theScore let us know that their app is now available for BlackBerry 10. Along with the new app, they had a name change. The app itself is still familiar. The standard features they have in the original app, including stats, news, betting odds, for the major professional sports leagues are there. But they have also added some new stuff and gave it a new design. If you have the original one, you will not be disappointed! They’ve even dubbed it “The Best Sports App, Ever.”
Hit the break for more info and a Press Release!
What they had to say about the new release:
We’ve added a whole bunch of new features to make the app more customizable and have maintained the things BlackBerry users have grown to love about ScoreMobile.
A few of the features to expect:
- New Look: A completely refreshed and re-designed look built on BB10 development best practices and design patterns that matches the look and feel of our other flagship apps.
- Player Card Profiles – to do in-depth research with player photos, recent performances, season stats, bio and recent fantasy news via Rotowire.
- My Score – to customize the app to your needs to follow any player or team to follow everything you need in one convenient area.
- What you’ve known to expect from us: box scores, player stats, league leaders, betting odds, game previews, recaps, top stories, schedules and league standings – from the biggest sports leagues in the world.
Get the free download from BlackBerry World.
Leading free sports app, theScore, now on BlackBerry 10
TORONTO, February 4th, 2013 – theScore, Inc. (TSX Venture: SCR) today announced the launch of its flagship BlackBerry app, which has been completely re-engineered and redesigned for specifically for the BlackBerry 10 platform.
theScore for BlackBerry 10 has the clean look and brand consistency that users of theScore’s applications have come to expect, built using BlackBerry 10 development best practices and design patterns. This new experience will keep you in the action like never before. Features include:
• Up-to-the-second ,box scores, player stats, league leaders, betting odds, game previews, recaps, top stories, schedules and league standings.
• Live coverage of Football (NFL), Basketball (NBA, NCAA Men’s), Hockey (NHL), and Soccer (English Premier League, UEFA Champions League); live coverage of additional professional and collegiate leagues will be added in the near future.
• Enhanced “My Score” functionality to enable users to customize the app to their needs – follow any team, or player throughout the season to view their performances as they happen, and use Player Grouping to follow your fantasy teams’ players in real-time.
• New “Player Card Profiles”, allowing users to do in-depth research with player photos, recent performances, season stats, bios and fantasy news via RotoWire.
“theScore worked closely with BlackBerry to ensure the app took advantage of all the great new features available on BB10,” said Jonathan Savage, VP, Products at theScore Inc. “The Best in Class UI and clean look and feel are something we’re particularly proud of.”
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
About theScore Inc.
theScore, Inc. creates, aggregates and distributes sports content via established and emergent digital media assets, including mobile sports applications and its website, theScore.com. theScore’s mission is to create the ultimate digital service for sports fans across web and mobile platforms.
Forward-looking (safe harbour) statement
Statements made in this news release that relate to future plans, events or performances are forward-looking statements. Any statement containing words such as “may”, “would”, “could”, “will”, “believes”, “plans”, “anticipates”, “estimates”, “expects” or “intends” and other similar statements which are not historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking, and these statements involve risks and uncertainties and are based on current expectations. Such statements reflect theScore’s current views with respect to future events and are subject to certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Many factors could cause the Company’s actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements that may be expressed or implied by such forward looking statements, including among other things, those which are discussed under the heading “Risk Factors” in the Company’s Listing Application as filed with the TSX Venture Exchange and available on SEDAR at www.sedar.com and elsewhere in documents that theScore files from time to time with securities regulatory authorities. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should assumptions underlying the forward-looking statements prove incorrect, actual results could differ materially from the expectations expressed in these forward-looking statements. The Company does not intend, and does not assume any obligation, to update these forward-looking statements except as required by applicable law or regulatory requirement