Augmentra Ltd. has released ViewRanger Outdoors GPS and Maps for BlackBerry 10. ViewRanger Outdoors GPS and Maps ia currently available for the BlackBerry Q10, Z10 and BlackBerry PlayBook. ViewRanger Outdoors GPS and Maps is a complete offline mapping, navigation, and guidebook app for outdoor enthusiasts who walk, hike, bike, ride, and explore.
Used around the world, on every continent, from a country walk in the English Lake District to Antarctica. ViewRanger is also used and trusted by over 100 search and rescue teams – mountain rescue, lowland search, coast guard, and more. App includes access to web based trail planning and sharing tools too!
* * * * * “Simply the best off-road walking and cycling app anywhere.”
* * * * * “Not only is this an excellent app, but the helpfulness and speed of their response to my queries was exceptional.”
The Sunday Times, selected ViewRanger as one of their “five-star must have” applications, in their guide to the best apps of the year.
This free Blackberry 10 and Playbook version of ViewRanger comes with a choice of Global geographic maps that are streamed to your phone and can be cached for offline use. With ViewRanger, you can choose the best map to use and you’ll always know your mapped location even where there’s no mobile signal.
Record a track of your progress, so you can view your path and stats for every trip. Your tracks can be stored using your free web account (My.ViewRanger.com) or shared using Facebook or Twitter.
Use BuddyBeacon to share your live location.
Planning a trip? Use ViewRanger to create & follow your own routes or simply download one from our massive library of expert and community generated walks and cycle rides*.
Designed for Hiking, Backpacking, Mountain Biking, Cycling, Skiing, Snowboarding, Snowmobiling, Horse Riding, Green Laning, ATV and Quad Biking, Hot Air Ballooning, Micro-Light flying, Nature Watching, Photography and most Outdoors activities.
FREE MAPS INCLUDED
- OpenStreetMapﾩ & OpenCycleMap Global street, terrain mapping & Bing Aerial imagery.
- Licensed topographic maps for over 22 countries available as a paid for option.
- GPS mapped location, even without mobile signal.
- Offline map mode – store in advance using “Create Saved Map”
- Track recording – view your path on map to keep or share, even add Flickr photos
- Sports computer stats – view distance, speed and much more.
- Real time location sharing – BuddyBeacon (requires data connection)
- Active Route Navigation
- Synchronises with web account for route planning, publishing and sharing. (My.ViewRanger.com).
- Download trail guides to follow
- Share your own trail guides
- Many other advanced features – find out more on our website
Paid for licensed topographic maps available over 22 countries via our WebShop includes:
Great Britain Ordnance Survey, Ireland (OS Ireland and OS NI), Germany (BKG), France (IGN), USA (USGS/Accuterra), Austria and Liechtenstein (Kompass), Belgium (IGN/NGI) Canada (NR CAN), Czech Republic (DPA), Finland (NLS), Netherlands (Kadaster), New Zealand (LINZ), Norway (Statkart), Slovenia (NMA) Spain (CNIG), The Canaries Islands (Discovery Walking), Sweden (Lantmateriet), Switzerland (Swisstopo), Denmark (Geodatastyrelsen), Maderia, Greece (Terrain additions SA), Slovakia, (DPA), and parts of Italy.
* May incur additional charges Free Global maps ﾩ 2012 OpenStreetMap, CC-BY-SA & contributors. Need more info? visit: www.viewranger.com. Any questions or feedback, please drop us an e-mail: email@example.com
Please note: It can take a while to get first GPS fix, best done outdoors with clear view of sky. The Playbook disables the GPS, when the screen turns black, as track recording and active waypoint navigation rely on real-time GPS location, these features will not work accurately, unless you make provision to maintain the active screen. Need more info: see our website: www.viewranger.com. Any questions or feedback, please drop us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org