Our great friend Tony Cresswell just let us know that he just released a brand new application for BlackBerry 10, Hue Companion! Hue Companion is the first native app BlackBerry application for Philips Hue lights! Some notable features includes social stuff – share your favorite light patterns via qr codes with friends online or face to face. Oh and Pebble support via Talk2watch – turn your lights on/off and change the color settings via your pebble watch :D. It just doesn’t get more sci-fi than that 😉
Own a set of Philips Hue lights? Good news, the first native app to support control of Philips Hue lights on BlackBerry 10 has now arrived!
With deep integration into the BlackBerry 10, you can now conveniently control your lights, and at last leverage the power of your BlackBerry 10 phone with them:
- Easy guided configuration of your Hue lights and Bridge
- Full control over precise hue, saturation and brightness of each individual lamp
- Full control over precise hue, saturation and brightness of all lamps at once
- Save ‘scenes’ – your favorite combinations of lights set exactly as you want them!
- Administer your lights – change their names to suit their locations precisely
- Set Schedules to turn them on and off
But there is more:
- Fully integrated into BlackBerry 10 Hub
- Make your lights Flash when you receive incoming bbm/sms/mms or email
- Fully BBM integrated app – make your friends aware of your new toys – share via BBM, Facebook,Twitter and LinkedIn
- Share your favourite ‘scenes’ via QR code with your friends via BBM or Email
- Scan in your friends ‘scenes’ via QR code to use their favourite lighting settings
- Advanced integration with a Pebble Smartwatch – set your lights on/off or activate a ‘scene’ all from your wrist (Talk2Watch Pro app required)
- Upfront active frame integration (requires 3rd party app Upfront)
NOTE – TO USE THIS PRODUCT YOU NEED TO OWN A SET OF PHILIPS HUE LIGHTS. This app is in no way associated with Philips.