Well if you are currently using a Windows Phone you will be happy to know that BlackBerry has released the Beta for BBM in the Windows Phone Store! Please keep in mined that this beta requires your BBID (BlackBerry ID) to be whitelisted to be able to use BBM. So how do you get your BBID whitelisted you have to be a registered member of the BlackBerry Beta Zone program and have registered for the Windows Phone BBM beta.
- BBID Setup and Log-in (for Whitelisted BBIDs)
- Create BBM Profile
- Invite a contact and suggested contacts (people you know)
- 1-to-1 & Multi-person Chat
- Contact Categories
- Manage Settings
- BBM Groups
- Notifications and in-app “splats” for new content. See them in Feeds, Contacts when they’ve sent you a message, etc.
- Invites and acceptances don’t send when Windows Phone goes out of WiFi coverage
- A few newer emoticons are not rendering properly (i.e brrrr, and flex and @-@)
- Windows Phone shows as available for BBM Voice call although feature is not supported (seen on Android and iOS, not BlackBerry 10)
- Error popup appears when using “Find Friends” and the “OK” button is selected
- Suggested Contacts tab only shows users already using BBM, but lists them as potential contacts when BBM is initially launched
Let us know in the comments what your thoughts are on the BBM for Windows phone beta.