@RedLightOLove has just released the long awaited update to Snap. This update dubbed Snap version 3 Beta comes in at version 188.8.131.52 and is available to be sideloaded on a BlackBerry 10 device near you! Snap lets you login to your Google Play account and download your purchased and free apps to your BlackBerry 10 device. Thanks to a Tweet from @RedLightOLove we now know that Snap version 3 will be available soon.
What’s new in Snap v3 Beta 1 (184.108.40.206)
- Complete rewrite of Snap v2
- New user interface inspired by the latest version of Google Play Store
- Browse more app categories and view suggested apps
- Read app reviews
- Search Snap via BB10 extended search
- Pause and resume downloads
- View screenshots full screen
- Download of additional files (such as .obb)
- Remove apps from “My Apps”
Snap v3 Upcoming Features
- Background service (headless) to check for updates periodically
- Hub Integration
- Download updates in the background
- Setting to Download apps on WiFi only
- Ignore apps from update check (such as Amazon Appstore)
- Update All (downloads all available updates)
- Choose between Bright and Dark theme
Snap v3 Beta Known Issues
- Ability to move APKs after install is not included in this build
- If network becomes unavailable, no notification is made
- After updating an app, it still appears in the My Apps -> Updates screen until app restart
- Only Bright theme is available
- While on app page, Add Bookmark, Share, and Open in Browser currently point to home page of the Google Play web store
- Snap v3 is optimized for Z10, Z30, and Z30. Passport, Classic, and Q10/Q5 layout issues will be resolved in a later Beta build.
- Encoding issues with non-latin character sets.
- “What’s new” missing for apps that have an update available
- On Browse page, when scrolling if accidentally touch the “More” button, it will navigate to that page instead of scrolling.