We just received an email from Searing Media Inc. letting us know that they have updated their application; Parrot for BlackBerry 10. This update takes the version to 2.4.0 and is currently available in BlackBerry World. Parrot is an app that is exclusive to the BlackBerry 10 platform which allows you to easily record, play and share voice recordings! Parrot is designed to quickly allow you to flow from recording a track, to playing to sharing it, all within 3 taps! You can check out the full change log below.
Updates for Parrot Pro Users:
- Phone call recording file names now include the contact name or number of the caller.
- Added prompts for calls received from the background service of the app (headless app). You now have the ability to choose whether or not to every call. We’ve removed the separate settings for normal and background mode prompts and merged it into one setting.
- Greatly improved the reliability of the background service staying alive. The background service will automatically restart if it has been closed by the operating system once you open the app. It can also be restarted from the Settings -> Phone Calls screen.
- Displaying warnings when a silent phone call recording is detected and included instructions for how to fix the issue when it arises.
Updates for ALL users:
- A new equalizer with 18 presets for the media player including Voice Boost, Acoustic and Bass Boost.
- We’ve added support for the selection of microphone channels – either Stereo (2 channels) or Mono(1 channel).
- Improved the speed and pace of the recording wave, especially for users on the Passport.
- Added better focus handling for users on the Classic.
- Added support for Passport keyboard scrolling on the Play and Share screens.
- Reduced the shadow on the app icon.
- A number of bug fixes, optimizations and user interface improvements.
- Phone Call Details: Used by the Pro version only to retrieve the phone number of the caller so that it or a corresponding contact name can be prepended to a phone call recording file name. Users on the free version do not need to allow this permission.