BlackBerry Classic Brings Back the Familiar QWERTY Keyboard, Trackpad and Navigation Keys with the Security, Speed and Performance of BlackBerry® 10
Users of BlackBerry Classic will benefit from a great Internet connectivity experience through Red Telcel 4GLTE, for more speed and coverage
Mexico City, Mexico – Telcel and BlackBerry today launched the BlackBerry® Classic™, a device built for the QWERTY keyboard loyalists and those eager to rediscover the speed and accuracy of a physical BlackBerry keyboard. BlackBerry Classic merges the industry-leading security and award-winning performance of BlackBerry 10 with the traditional device design and features that users love, including the classic navigation keys, optical trackpad and short cuts. This device also upgrades the BlackBerry® Bold experience with a faster browser, larger screen size, longer battery life, higher quality camera, and more applications.
Users of BlackBerry Classic will benefit from fast connectivity thanks to Telcel’s network Red Telcel 4GLTE, which will allow them to use the smartphone’s features and capabilities at its fullest, at no additional cost and regardless of their pre-paid or post-paid plan. Red Telcel 4GLTE is one of the most powerful networks in the world for BlackBerry Classic users to share pictures and videos in social networks, download apps, send emails, do video-conferences and enjoy high-resolution videos at a fast speed.
“We understand that many of our customers have held onto their BlackBerry Bold devices for some time because it’s the productive device they trust,” said Patricia Hevia, Operations Director for Telcel, Region 9. “BlackBerry Classic upgrades the iconic functionalities and features loved by current and former BlackBerry fans, particularly the keyboard and navigation keys. With a faster, updated browser, new operating system and countless apps, we’re thrilled to be able to offer this device to our customers worldwide who want to be more productive communicators.”
The BlackBerry Classic symbolizes the no-nonsense form and function that long-time BlackBerry users have come to depend on when looking to get work done in an efficient manner. This powerful communications tool upgrades the previous BlackBerry® Bold 9900 experience with:
- Three times faster browser
- 60 percent more screen space
- 50 percent longer battery life
Top features of the BlackBerry Classic include:
- BlackBerry® Keyboard – The QWERTY keyboard has stood the test of time and has been the iconic BlackBerry feature that users know and trust. Crafted for optimal speed and accuracy, the BlackBerry Classic’s QWERTY keyboard gives users the control and confidence to communicate quickly and clearly.
- BlackBerry® Browser – The BlackBerry 10 web browser is amazingly fast and astoundingly beautiful. That’s why HTML5TEST.com rates it amongst the top mobile browsers for web fidelity.* Access your favorite online content as it was meant to be seen and with unlimited browser tabs. Spend less time waiting, and more time doing.
- Screen & Battery – The BlackBerry Classic offers a form factor optimized for power communicators with a square 3.5-inch touch screen display, 294 dpi HD resolution and Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 for greater durability. The BlackBerry Classic also offers a large battery capacity and state-of-the-art battery optimization software. With up to 22 hours of battery power, you can be confident that BlackBerry Classic will be ready to deliver results when you need it.**
- Premium Components – The device is built with durable materials mixed with top-of-the-line technology ensuring the power, speed and durability required for a demanding schedule. This includes a 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB of device storage (expandable by up to 128GB via microSD), and a 2MP front- and 8MP rear-facing camera with enhanced optics and upgraded imaging sensors.
- BlackBerry® 10 OS 10.3.1 – The BlackBerry Classic comes preloaded with the BlackBerry 10.3.1 operating system, offering a fresh look that incorporates updated icons and an instant action bar so that each user’s most commonly accessed functions are in the center of their screen. With this new operating system, users gain access to powerful features, including:
- BlackBerry® Blend – BlackBerry Blend brings messaging and content that is on your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer and tablet. Get instant message notifications, read and respond to your work and personal email, BBM™ and text messages, and access your documents, calendar, contacts and media in real time on whatever device you are on, powered by your BlackBerry.
- BlackBerry® Assistant – The BlackBerry Assistant is BlackBerry’s first digital assistant and can be used with voice and text commands to help users manage work and personal email, contacts, calendar and other native BlackBerry 10 applications. It’s the only smartphone assistant on the market today that can access both personal and work content in your work perimeter. BlackBerry Assistant intelligently determines how to respond to you based on how you interact with it – if you type, it responds silently, if you speak, it speaks back and if you activate over Bluetooth, it speaks back with additional context because it assumes you might not have access to the screen.
Dual app storefronts, offering hundreds of thousands of professional and popular apps:
- BlackBerry World – BlackBerry World showcases essential productivity apps for business professionals looking to drive efficient communications and collaboration.
- Amazon Appstore – Preloaded on BlackBerry Classic, users can access popular Android apps and games through the Amazon Appstore including Candy Crush Saga, Pinterest, Kindle for Android and Cut the Rope 2.
- BlackBerry® Hub – The one place to manage all your conversations – email, texts, BBM, phone calls, social media and more. You can even glance at what’s next in your calendar. It’s always available with a single swipe to help you stay organized, in control and on top of all your conversations.
BlackBerry Classic is built on BlackBerry’s renowned secure operating system, with built-in protection against viruses, tampering and data leaks. The BlackBerry Classic is private by default, protecting users with encrypted email, web browsing and BBM.
For more information please visit www.BlackBerry.com/Classic.
Telcel is a Mexican company with 25 years of experience in wireless telecommunications. Since 1989 it operates with high quality standards, innovation and attention, providing a complete and competitive experience in service, entertainment and productivity. Always ahead, it provides wireless voice and data connectivity in GSM/GPRS/EDGE, 3GUMTS/HSPA/HSPA+ and 4GLTE technologies.
Data taken from HTML5TEST.com from January, 2013 to July 22, 2014 and compares the latest builds for this duration for Android, Chrome, Firefox, iOS and Windows.
Based on GSMA PRDBattery Life Measurement Technique and a mixed usage scenario. Many factors affect battery life, including network connectivity, application usage, feature configuration and battery age. Actual results may vary.
A global leader in mobile communications, BlackBerry® revolutionized the mobile industry when it was introduced in 1999. Today, BlackBerry aims to inspire the success of our millions of customers around the world by continuously pushing the boundaries of mobile experiences. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, BlackBerry operates offices in North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America. The Company trades under the ticker symbols “BB” on the Toronto Stock Exchange and “BBRY” on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit www.BlackBerry.com.