Since the release of BlackBerry Messenger 5.0, users have had an issue were their BlackBerrry Messenger icon disappears. Because of this, RIM has posted the following message at the top of the BBM download page in BlackBerry App World:
1. Before downloading, please back up your contact list by displaying the menu within BlackBerry Messenger – Options – Back Up. (Available for BBM 5.0 and 5.0.1 users)
2. Please ensure that you are using RIM or carrier approved BlackBerry® Device Software to avoid compatibility issues that may result in loss of the BBM icon. For more information, read article KB23968 (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB23968)
3. After installing the new version of BBM, please restart your device.
Most of the causes of the icon disappearing have been because the user does not have the minimum required OS version to install. This issue has caused a lot of grief and headache to users who are not very tech savvy to remedy the problem.
I think RIM could have done a few simple things to help avoid this issue.
1. Make the OS upgrades easier for users! RIM has the option for OTA (Over-The-Air) OS upgrades. This process takes up to 2 hours and can sometimes be complicated. Because of this, I think a lot of users don’t upgrade to the latest OS.
2. Preform an OS version check. Just like when you install certain software on your PC or Mac, the application will check your system version and if it doesn’t meet the requirements of the software, it prompts the user and will not let them install it. I think RIM should implement this feature as well.
3. Automatic backup feature. Most beginner BlackBerry users and most novice users have no idea how to backup their BlackBerry Messenger contact list. RIM has hidden this feature deep inside the BlackBerry Messenger applications Options screen. Why not make this an automatic feature? I know I would enjoy having this.
What do you think about this? Should RIM do more to help prevent this? Share you thoughts by adding a comment here or by heading over to our forums to discus.