Since I can’t get Blaq for my Storm 2, my favorite twitter client, like many others, happens to be Übertwitter. I just got word that they updated today.
This build is just a bug fix update.
Full chance log:
- Bug Fix – Fixed a bug where the menu key would become unresponsive and occasionally the device would lock up. This same bug likely was causing excessive battery usage over time.
- New Themes – You asked and we delivered two new themes! The Midnight theme which we think many of you will find extremely appealing, and the Über Classic theme which brings back many of the color choices of version 0.971 including the same solid colors for @replies and DMs
- Filtered ÜberChannels – You loved ÜberChannels, but now we think you’ll love it even more! When you pull up the timeline for an ÜberChannel the tweets are now filtered so that you will only see on-topic tweets. Not seeing all of the extraneous tweets, especially on a mobile device, should make the ÜberChannel experience much better!
- Brighter Themes – Listening to your feedback we have reworked the colors in all of the existing themes to make the brighter and more vibrant.
- Notification Flowers – Everyone liked the uniqueness of the notification ‘flowers’ on the main icon when you had a new tweet/@reply or DM, we made them even better by including a red and white star in the middle to make them stand out.
- TweetPhoto is now Plixi – We have converted it all over to use the new Plixi logo and wording.
- Photo Upload Bug – Fixed a bug in photo uploads which could occur if you had multiple accounts configured on your device.
- Highlight Bars – The highlight bar is now more appropriate for each theme, and we also made the highlight bar flow behind the tweets in the ‘bubble’ layout, like it did in previous versions.
- Icon Notifications – Fixed bug where icon notifications were not cleared when ÜberTwitter stopped running.
- Sound Notifications – Fixed bug where an @reply sound notification would not sound if there was also a regular tweet notification.
- Hashtag Picker – You can now turn off the hashtag picker under ‘options’ from the menu.
- Late @replies – Fixed bug where if you received an @reply and saw the notification on the uber bar and then went to your @replies, you couldn’t find any new ones there.
- Native 6.0 Build – There is now a native build for BlackBerry OS version 6.0
- Photo/Video Picker – We now use the native Photo/Video file picker on BlackBerry OS version 6.0.
Release 2 features and change log
- Map Provider Allow users to select either MapQuest (default) or BlackBerry maps to display users locations.
- User action to retrieve a map You now have to click the ‘Retrieve Map’ button after opening a tweet in order for the map to be retrieved. This will result in substantially lower bandwidth requirements and improved battery life.
- UberChannel date display bug fix Fixed a bug where tweets in UberChannel streams had the date incorrectly displayed.
- Resetting tweets to retrieve bug Fixed bug where on an upgrade the number of tweets to retrieve would reset to 60.
- Highlight color in Midnight Theme bubble layout The highlight color in the Midnight theme when using the bubble layout is now much easier to discern.
- Text Ad color We changed the color of the text ads to conform to the them colors. The ads are still clearly marked as an advertisement.
- GPS Radio Activation The GPS radio will now only be activated when you open the compose tweet screen IF you have selected to use the GPS radio to determine location. This should greatly reduce battery drain, but may result in the location mechanism falling back to the cell tower method on some occassions.
You can download this new update here.
Posted from my NerdBerry 9550 from the WordPress app.