A few days ago we reported that the new BIS update, 3.2, had gone live in Europe. As of Friday night sometime the new version of BIS came to North America. This latest update to the BIS includes some much needed fixes and some additions that are long overdue. All major carriers have reported that the update went smoothly and that everyone on a BIS should see the new options.
- Google Calendar Sync – The option to sync your Gmail calendar with your BlackBerry calendar
- Automatic Login Enhancement – Username and Password in order to access the BlackBerry Internet Service no longer required when on your BlackBerry
- Show and Hide Password Option – Subscribers can choose to show or hide the passwords for all email addresses that need to be validated by clicking the Show password or Hide password options.
- New Password Criteria – Newly created passwords for BlackBerry Internet Service accounts and BlackBerry email addresses must meet new criteria.
- Must include 8 to 16 characters
- Must include at least one letter and one number
- Cannot include the word “password”
- Cannot include the user name of the BlackBerry Internet Service account or BlackBerry email address that the password is associated with
The Google Calendar sync is one that many users have been clamoring for, so if you use the sync please let us know if it is working for you. Apparently the sync will also work for other Google apps, although I have not confirmed that it is working or not. So please let us know if you even notice any changes, or if your Google Sync is working by dropping a comment or heading over to the Nerdberry Forums.