Good morning Nerds, I just got in to the office and I plugged my BlackBerry Bold 9700 running OS 6 in to my PC and to my surprise there is a BlackBerry Desktop Software update! I thought to myself I knew this day would come soon just not this soon. We just saw the official release of the BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac yesterday. I am now in the process of downloading the newly updated version 188.8.131.52 to my PC. While it is downloading I went online to the BlackBerry website to find the release notes.
Included in this update:
- Easy-to-use, updated interface: BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0 features an updated interface and user-friendly menu that allow you to simply connect, synchronise, manage and update your BlackBerry smartphone.
- Built-in BlackBerry Media Sync: Transfer your favorite media files to and from your BlackBerry® smartphone. Import your desktop iTunes or Windows Media® files and carry your music, photos and videos with you wherever you go.
- Easily manage your applications: Keep track of the applications you use the most or don’t use as often on your BlackBerry smartphone. Add and remove applications, games, and much more.
- Update your smartphone software: Keep your BlackBerry smartphone software up to date and running smoothly with automatic alerts that prompt you when updates are available.
- Synchronise your organizer: BlackBerry Desktop Software is compatible with Microsoft® Outlook®1, Windows® Calendar, IBM® Lotus Notes®, and Yahoo!®. Keep your organizer information in sync so you don’t miss a thing.
- Switch smartphones: Changing to a new BlackBerry smartphone? Use the device switch wizard to migrate from one BlackBerry smartphone to another.
Don’t forget to download the update: Download BlackBerry Desktop Software v184.108.40.206