That’s right OS 6 is headed to T-Mobile. We just received the message below from a tipster that T-Mobile has enter private beta on BBOS 6! The message was sent from the BlackBerry Beta Zone so if your on T-Mobile and want BBOS 6 sign up today! BlackBerry Beta Zone
Welcome to the T-Mobile US BlackBerry® 6 In-Program Beta Program!
Welcome! We’re excited to present the opportunity, in partnership with T-Mobile US, for you to preview and provide feedback on the BlackBerry 6 experience. Please be sure to read all of the information below to understand what is required to participate in this program, what you can expect from us at Research In Motion, and what you need to get started!
You must satisfy the following criteria to qualify for this beta program:
1. Own and use a BlackBerry Bold 9700 or 9780, or Curve 9300.
2. Use one of the BlackBerry smartphones listed above on the T-Mobile US network.
3. Be a resident of the United States.
1. Get Desktop Software. Download the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Software to your PC or Mac computer. You will need this software to upgrade your BlackBerry smartphone as soon as software details are delivered to you via e-mail. While waiting on your software credentials, we highly recommend that you use Desktop Software to backup your BlackBerry smartphone. To get the latest version of Desktop Software, visit
While you wait on access to BlackBerry 6 device software, join us in the discussion boards to introduce yourself and tell us about your current BlackBerry smartphone experience.
2. Check Your E-mail. Look for an e-mail from “Beta Info” on or about Monday, January 31st. This e-mail will contain your unique unlock code and a direct link to the software that is available for your BlackBerry smartphone. If any of the information in that e-mail is incorrect, please let us know
3. Download BlackBerry 6. Use the code and the link provided in your e-mail (step 2) to download and unlock the version of BlackBerry 6 that is compatible with your BlackBerry smartphone. Once installed on your computer, connect your BlackBery smartphone to your computer via USB and launch Desktop Software to begin the upgrade process.
BlackBerry 6 device software will be made available for you to download on Monday, January 31st. You must enter your correct PIN and e-mail address (case sensitive), along with your unique unlock or “Authorization” key to be able to successfully load the software installer to your computer. Once you have successfully downloaded the software installer, use BlackBerry Desktop Software to upgrade your BlackBerry smartphone. Having difficulties with the upgrade process? Let us know how your upgrade went in the Software Upgrade Experience discussion board.
Feedback & Support
**Please note, due to the pre-release nature of programs in BlackBerry Beta Zone, T-Mobile US and Customer Care at Research In Motion Limited are not prepared to answer questions about this program or beta software.**
For the duration of this beta program (approx. 4 weeks), we’ll be actively involved in the discussion boards to learn more about your experiences with BlackBerry 6. We want to know things like what do you like or dislike, are you having issues, what are your impressions of the upgraded software versus what you were using before? If you report an issue, we may be in contact with you if additional information is required, but please feel free to troubleshoot with each other.
Surveys will be posted to gather your general impressions of the software and its key features. These surveys are strictly confidential and your responses will remain anonymous.
We’re listening! Your feedback is very important to us and the future of BlackBerry products. Please use the discussion boards and surveys to share your experiences and seek support if you run into any issues. Once you’ve had a chance to share your ideas, we will collect your feedback and deliver it to the right people here at Research In Motion. We’ll make sure development and project management teams hear exactly what you have to say. We’ll review your ideas and get to work figuring out how we can improve our products based on your feedback, and start working to get the improvements you’ve requested into upcoming versions.
The discussion boards are open – come on in and introduce yourself!
Terms, Conditions & Confidentiality
Your participation in this program is very important to ensure this software meets your needs. Confidentiality is equally important. Please ensure you always follow the BlackBerry Beta Zone Terms and Conditions of Use within this beta program, including confidentiality and respect with regards to software usage, discussion board activity, and overall program participation.