Rogers just released a new app for their subscribers that works with BlackBerry Smartphones. This app allows users to control their TV’s from their device.
Here is the description from App World:
Works exclusively with the Rogers model 8300HD PVR (8642 HD PVR coming soon) and a Rogers digital television service subscription Forgot to schedule a recording? The Rogers Remote TV Manager is the BlackBerry® app for you! Rogers customers now have the freedom and flexibility to manage their HD PVR from anywhere. It’s easy convenient and FREE!
- Advanced search to help find what you want faster
- Easily schedule recordings
- Manage your recordings without being in front of your TV
- Browse the on-screen guide to find your favorite shows
- Assists you in resolving any recording conflicts
- Quickly see how much space is available for recordings
- Available on all Wireless Networks
- Works with WiFi as well as with your mobile network
- BBOS4.6+ required
- MyRogers account is required to access the service.
As you can see from the information above there are some specifics that you must meet to be able to use this program. If you are interested in this application you can find it in app world at the link above.