Marty Mallick, a senior director of business development at RIM, spoke to PCMag at CES 2012 and he a lot to say about PB OS2.0 and BB 10. Namely, what is going to be featured, and what is new.
Here are some of the points mentioned:
* “…there will be touch BB10 devices as well as QWERTY BB10 devices. Both of those will exist.” They may not have the same resolution but they will have the same aspect ratio.
* PlayBook 2.0 “can be looked at as a stepping stone towards BB10. It starts to introduce the new UI elements”
* PlayBook 2.0 features the ability to use your BlackBerry smartphone as a “remote control” for the PlayBook. Malik says this means you can use your BlackBerry keyboard to type on your PlayBook or use your BlackBerry as a mouse.
* You will also be able to choose the option to open a website on your PlayBook from the BlackBerry smartphone browser.
* PlayBook OS 2.0 will bring email, calendar, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn as we have seen in previous leaks.
More about Blackberry 10 will be revealed at DevCon 2012 in Europe.