One of the great an amazing things about the Blackberry Playbook that those of its iDevice cousins is the amazing ability to use and watch flash or flash video websites! There is even was to download a few of these flash videos for you to watch offline and save them on your Playbook. Natively the Blackberry Playbook does not have a way to play these files as they are unsupported but with MovieFlvPlayer and or Flash Video Player you can watch your favorite flash file with ease! Hit the jump to check them out!
Play your favorite flash videos on your BlackBerry® PlayBook™!
The BlackBerry® PlayBook™ can not directly play Flash videos (FLV) saved on the device.
This player allows playing Flash videos (FLV) stored in the ‘videos’ directory.
- Put your favorite .flv movie file or clip in your BlackBerry® PlayBook™ ‘videos’ folder (ex: Z:\videos\The_Hitchhiker’s_Guide_To_The_Galaxy.flv)
- Launch MovieFlvPlayer
- Use the ZOOM icons to remove the black borders on top and bellow
- ADDED .F4V support (from 1.0.2)
- Read progress reporting at http://www.playbookprojects.com/
If you want to get rid of the menu while watching the movie, just use your finger to swipe from the top panel down to the screen midway and the menu will disappear leaving your with an unobstructed view of the movie.
Flash Video Player
Flash Video Player plays your favorite FLV files without need to convert them for BlackBerry® PlayBook™. Just copy them to ANY directory you have access to on your BlackBerry® PlayBook™ and play them with a single click.
- Single click to play file
- Directory browse
- Auto play next file
- Auto play next file in full screen