Finally OS 7.1 OFFICIAL hits for the BlackBerry Bold 9900 from SK Telecom!
We have seen 220.127.116.117 leak a couple of weeks ago and after rigorous testing, SK Telecom has deemed that it is a stable enough OS and thus released it as OFFICIAL!
OS 7.1 brings the Mobile Hotspot feature to your BlackBerry 9900 enabling your BlackBerry internet connection to act as a WiFi hotspot so others can connect to your BlackBerry and benefit from using its internet connection. Very handy also for yourself if you have a laptop or an iPad and are on the go!
Want the Download link?
|BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone|
|BlackBerry Handheld Software v18.104.22.1681 (Asia)Package Version: 22.214.171.1241
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
Instructions for installation:
- After the download is complete, make sure you have no other OS installed on your PC from the Control Panel (Usually named BlackBerry Device Software), install the file you have just downloaded.
- Next, Navigate to one of the following paths depending on your Windows Operating System:
- •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
- •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
- Delete the file name vendor or vendor.xml in that folder.
- While you are still in that folder, after you have deleted the above mentioned file, you will find another file by the name of Loader.exe or simply Loader
- Run that file, you will now get the screen to initialize the upgrade of the OS on your BB, click next to continue, your device PIN will be listed on this next screen, click next again to continue.
- Now you will get with a list of options to select or deselect the components you want to install.
- Carefully select only the items that you need, do not select all the chat messengers and components you know you will not use as this will eat up your precious application memory.
- After you have selected the components you want to install, click next, and the upgrade process shall begin.
- Your phone will automatically create a backup of your settings / apps first, then it will wipe the old OS then install the new one and restore the backup.
- Should anything go wrong at this stage, you will have to wipe your device nd try again, but luckily, we have created a backup file at the beginning of these instructions, so you will still be able to restore all your contacts, emails, settings, etc. easily.
Disclaimer: If SK Telecom not your carrier please remember that you must delete the vendor.XML file prior to loading. The vendor.xml file located in c:program files>common files>research in motion>apploader to install it on a different carriers device. Also, we at Nerdberry.net do not accept any responsibility for any damages that are caused by loading this or any OS. If you are not comfortable loading an OS please do not proceed without first asking for help. Remember to create a BACKUP of your phone first via the BlackBerry Desktop Software