GeeReader PRO for the BlackBerry PlayBook has been updated to v2.0.7. GeeReader is a touch optimized Google Reader client for Google Reader power users.
Highly optimized feed item loading and parsing to reduce bandwidth usage and to improve download speeds.
Innovative UI allowing you to quickly work through 100s of Feed Subscrioptions with 1000s of feed items.
Direct Integration and syncing with you Google Reader account
- Collapse a folder in GeeReader and the folder will be collapsed on the Google Reader website on refresh.
- View your feed subscriptions in the order that you’ve configured on the Google Reader website.
- Read, Starred, Kept Unread item statuses are synced immediately
- Portrait mode
- Basic feed subscription management
- Filter feed subscriptions to only show those with unread items
- Filter the feed item list to only show unread items.
- Mark all items in a feed as read.
- Star Items for reading later
- Sort feed items by “Newest First” or “Oldest First”.
- View the article detail in a maximized window.
- Click on the article title to View the full article in the system web browser.
- A “Mark Above as Read” function allowing you to quickly mark the items that you’ve scrolled passed as read.
- Customize the feed item loading batch size to get through large amounts of items quicker
- Choose between the “Lite” or “Mobi.” (Instapaper Mobilizer) or “Full” article view to maximise your experience depending on connection speed or reading preference.
- Choose the default article font size and font when using “Lite” article view mode
Exclusive to PRO Version
- Powerful sharing function allowing you to share Items directly to your Facebook and Twitter accounts from within GeeReader itself *
- Direct integration with your WordPress Blog via XML-RPC including support for adding categories and tags directly from GeeReader itself.
- Share to your Twitter accounts, Facebook account, and WordPress Blog at the same time with one operation
- Shorten the article URLs when needed using Google URL shortening service integration
- The advertising bar at the bottom of the feed item list is removed.
* You can add multiple Twitter accounts but only one Facebook account profile for now.
Release Notes :
- Fixed a feed parsing issue where feed items without HTML content were causing the feed item loading process to fail.
- Fixed a bug in the new feed subscription dialog where the app would sometimes hang if you added an invalid feed subscription.
- Fixed an issue in the feed subscription list where the list rendering would break if a feed subscription occurred in more than one folder
- Fixed an issue in the sharing dialog where you could sometimes accidentally close the article with a swipe gesture.
- Made the list text a bit darker to improve readibility
- Tweaked the list styling to make it easier to distinguish between read and unread items
- Optimized the memory management in the tile list view
- Added an option to the article view to allow you to quickly switch between Lite,Mobi, and Full article view modes.
- Reenabled the “Swipe Up to go back” function in the article detail view.
- “Tile” list view option added allowing to view the feed item list as “rich” tiles (experimental) or as a basic list.