Finally, Topography Map app for the Playbook. It covers the USA,except for Alaska, Canada and New Zealand. This app is perfect for the outdoors adventure types, like bikers and hikers.
TopoSports HD for Playbook, offers fully offline, GPS accurate, high quality Topo maps covering entire USA(Alaska coming soon), Canada & New Zealand (NEW!!) for outdoor sports enthusiasts – bikers, hikers etc. The app gives you access to 70000+ quads that cover almost all of USA, Canada & New Zealand. US data is derived from USGS 1:24K DRGs . Canada data is derived from NRCan 1:50K Toporama DRGs. New Zealand data is derived from 1:50K DRGs published by LINZ. The app also provides offline access to Geographic Names data for downloaded quads imported from GNIS/NRCan/LINZ.
Details at: http://www.toposports.com/main/topo-sports-hd-playbook
Currently the Recording of GPS tracks works only while Playbook device screen is on/ device is not sleeping.
WIFI recommended. Each map is 5MB to 10 MB in download size.
Download tips at: http://www.toposports.com/main/downloadtips
– Download topo maps of any quad in USA/Canada/New Zealand for offline usage.
– Download 1:24K scale maps for US. For Canada & New Zealand the maps have 1:50K scale.
– Maps projected for WGS84 datum and are GPS accurate for all mobile devices.
– Search for maps by feature name.
– Search for nearby Quads(NEW!).
– Popular quads are also provided as featured quads for your convenience.
– Seamless mosaicing of quads
– Distance/Bearing tool
– Create custom way points either using your current location or via manual selection.
– Geographic names layer for each quad
– Search POIs/Way points offline.
– Search for created way points/POIs by name.
– Pan/zoom/locate yourself
– Record GPS tracks
– Supports built in GPS. Currently the Recording of GPS tracks works only while Playbook device screen is on/ device is not sleeping.
– View tracks overlay
– Bird’s eye overview for your tracks.
– Live track animation
– Track analytics/stats
– Distance covered
– Avg speed
– Max speed
– Time taken
– Pace (time taken to cover a mile/km)
– Calories burned
– Vertical ascent/descent
– Export tracks in GPX format to SDCard.
– Viewable on Google earth.
– Import routes and waypoints from file/web.
– GPX and KML files can be imported.
– Files local on device and from any website can be imported.
– Auto Follow mode
– The app continuously updates your location on the map in auto follow mode.
– The map automatically rotates so that it is always facing course up.
Get it for $14.99 from Blackberry App World.