Taptu, for the BlackBerry PlayBook has been updated to v2.1.2 in the BlackBerry App World! Taptu lets you the reader “DJ Your News” by giving you the largest array of news sources and the most customizable way to create personal streams of news. Hit the break to find out what’s new!
- User accounts that let you set up your streams on any device and have them automatically populate on another iOS, PlayBook or Android Device. No need to register with Taptu, your user account just requires you login to your Google, Facebook, Twitter or Linked in account.
- Articles you bookmark also populate across devices.
- Articles read on one device are marked as read in real-time on all other accounts.
- Updated UI that shows articles as stacks of cards when there are related sources- giving multiple points of view on a topic.
- Improved search streams, giving more control to take any search term and turn it into a stream of news.
- App now available in Spanish, French and German.
- Partnership with Readability makes sure that the text is easier than ever to read.
Taptu Updates PlayBook App, Launches User Accounts, Improved Search Streams and Support for Spanish, French and German Languages
Redesigned user interface and partnership with Readability makes it even easier to enjoy news on any topic from anywhere
CAMBRIDGE, England & DENVER- April 26, 2012- Taptu, the social media and mobile search technology company, today creates a unified reading experience across mobile devices with new user accounts for PlayBook, iOS and Android. Set up your perfect mix of personalized news on your phone and instantly have all the custom feeds follow you wherever you go on any of your devices.
Taptu has introduced a seamless news-reading experience on mobile devices without requiring a new user profile. Users simply log into Taptu using Facebook, Twitter, Google or LinkedIn and all the mixed and mashed streams from their favorite sources and topics will update in real-time on all devices. Additionally once an article has been read in Taptu it will be marked as read on all devices.
Because the Taptu app is built on a powerful mobile search platform, users can “DJ the news,” taking any topics or sources and putting them into streams that encompass their individual passions. Taptu is bringing its popular search streams to iOS. Search Streams turn any keyword into a news stream, and since launching on Android user created streams have doubled. For example users can search for ‘Kobe Bryant’ and create a stream of just the news about the basketball star.
With version 2.1 of Taptu the whole reading experience is localized for French, Spanish and German speakers. Not only are all the menus and streams displayed in the proper language, but each Stream Store is also customized to show the best sources based on the preferred language.
Additionally streams have become easier to read, while displaying even more relevant pictures. Articles that have related stories are now displayed as a stack of Article cards, and the text itself is now displayed in a simple and clean format, thanks to a partnership with Readability.
Download Taptu 2.1 today:
Founded in 2006, Taptu is an award-winning social media and mobile technology company based in Cambridge, England, and Denver, Colorado. Taptu builds innovative platforms, tools and applications that enable highly personalized creation, curation, recommendation, search, discovery, management, consumption and sharing of content across all personal screen-based devices. Wapedia, Taptu’s popular mobile Wikipedia with over 2 million downloads, is also available for download at the Apple App Store, Android Market, Amazon Appstore and as a Barnes & Noble NOOK app.
See http://www.taptu.com for more information.