DriveSafe.ly for BlackBerry has been updated to v2.168 in App World. DriveSafe.ly 2.0 speaks txt (SMS) and email messages aloud so you can concentrate on the road. Eliminate temptation to drive distracted-let DriveSafe.ly read txts (texts) and respond by voice with Pro. DriveSafe.ly 2.0 Pro lets you chat by sending text responses by voice and use voice commands like: repeat message, or call back sender. Drive safe listening to messages without texting while driving or reading emails in car. Drive – respond by voice, hands-free. DriveSafe.ly stops texting while driving (TWD).
- DriveSafe.ly is free
- Play incoming txt (text) SMS/email messages
- Play messages on demand
- App does not slow down your phone
- Customizable auto-response and timeout duration
- Text to Speech and voice recognition powered by www.iSpeech.org Mobile TTS, ASR API for Developers
How to use DriveSafe.ly:
1. Download DriveSafe.ly from BlackBerry App World or www.DriveSafe.ly from your BlackBerry Browser
2. Install and Run. REBOOT IF PROMPTED.
3. In your Downloads or Applications folder, click on the DriveSafe.ly icon DriveSafe.ly will launch
4. Agree to DriveSafe.ly TOS after reading, and if you agree
5. DriveSafe.ly is now on and will read your text and emails when they arrive
6. To turn off DriveSafe.ly, click the On button, which will change to “Off”
7. Adjust settings by clicking on “Settings”
8. Upgrade to DriveSafe.ly 2.0 Pro for even more features
Note: regular carrier billing SMS charges will apply for both outgoing and incoming messages. Use DriveSafe.ly to chat and listen to SMS, TXT messages, Text messages, Email messages,incoming SMS, auto-reply or auto respond with outgoing SMS. Doesn’t work with BBM (BlackBerry Messanger), MMS, or other IM clients (AIM, Gtalk, Live, Yahoo messenger, Facebook). Will read Facebook and Twitter sent by txt (SMS) message.