Our good friends over at XLabz Technologies let us know that they have added two more applications into BlackBerry World. The applications are as follows Dictionary+ and Bird Calls they are both available for the BlackBerry PlayBook. Dictionary+ will run you $1.99 and Bird Calls will run you $4.99 Hit the break to find out more about both of these awesome applications!
A simple and offline English dictionary and thesaurus, with over 147000 words. Came across a fascinating new word while reading an English Classic? Writing an article & looking for a more sophisticated synonym for a rather simple word? Stuck on your crossword puzzle? Dictionary+ is here with all the answers! Dictionary+ is your pocket English dictionary and thesaurus right on your BlackBerry PlayBook. This offline dictionary/thesaurus offers you the meaning of English words along with their synonyms, antonyms, usage examples, spelling suggestions and more! All these features make Dictionary+ a handy tool for quick reference, looking up definitions, spellings, similar and related words and help you enhance your English vocabulary. Dictionary+
- Extremely fast, simple and easy to use
- More than 147000 words
- This Dictionary / Thesaurus works without an internet connection (offline)
- Use this thesaurus to look up synonyms, antonyms, hypernyms (les specific), hyponyms (more specific), meronyms (part of) & more!
- Example sentences to help you understand the contextual meaning of a particular word
- An intelligent search which suggests possible words and correct spellings as you type • Use the ? wildcard for any character or * for a group of characters in the search
- Save your most used or interesting new words as bookmarks • Keep track of the most recent words that you’ve looked up in the current session, with the recent history option
- Based on the Princeton University WordNet Project. Whether you’re a writer, teacher, student or just someone with a passion for the English language, Dictionary+ is a pocket thesaurus you would love to own!
Get Dictionary+ now and learn new words, definitions and spellings on-the-go!
Enjoy the melodious songs and calls of 2000+ birds from around the world! Read interesting trivia and browse through 1000s of stunning photos of nature’s most fascinating birds! Do you love listening to the sound of the sparrows chirping, the pigeons softly cooing and the robins singing? Wish you could hear these beautiful bird songs even in the midst of a busy city? Now you can, with Bird Calls! Bird Calls has a huge variety of bird songs and calls from all over the world, along with their photos. This app is perfect for birders and ornithologists. All the sounds in this bird soundboard are taken from live field recordings; so you get the feel of really being in a rain forest in Peru or the jungles of Africa! Features:
- Over 2000 carefully-selected and edited bird sound recordings
- Bird sounds include all types of bird vocalizations including bird songs and bird calls like alarms, flight calls, mating calls and more!
- Over 2000 professional photos of different species of birds. Zoom in to see full-size images of all birds.
- View detailed information about 1000s of birds like their common names, scientific names, species and lots of interesting trivia
- Includes the exact location where the bird sound recordings where done, including latitude and longitude
- In-built search feature to search for a particular bird by name. For example, just type in “Heron” and view all the different species of Heron.
Bookmark your favorite birds for quick access Benefits:
Fun and educational! Whether or not you love birding and bird watching, you can use this bird soundboard to identify different species of birds and distinguish between their sounds and calls. This bird songs guide is also great for kids to see and learn about various kinds of birds and hear what each bird sounds like. Stress-Busting Audio Therapy! Listening to natural sounds like the sound of waves or rain and bird sounds are proven to be excellent forms of sound therapy.
So if you’ve had a particularly stressful day at work, just relax and sleep by listening to the sounds of songbirds like Nightingales, Skylarks and Wrens and let all your worries and stress ebb away. Listen to the songs & calls of:
- Laughing Thrush
- And many more…
The next time you’re at a bird park, a zoo or just your garden, try playing a few bird songs. You never know when a cuckoo or a parrot might respond to you!