BlackBerry has released updates to the native Twitter and LinkedIn applications for BlackBerry 10. These updates include a ton of features and fixes. Again this update for both applications is only for the BlackBerry Z10. It is great to see BlackBerry consistently on the ball rolling out these great updates to improve the overall user experience when it comes to BlackBerry 10. Hit the break to see what’s new!
BlackBerry Z10 users, get your thumbs warmed up for a social media app treat! Based on your feedback, we’ve updated versions of our Twitter and LinkedIn apps for BlackBerry 10, adding some features that you’ve been asking for. Twitter users will enjoy an enhanced tweeting experience, while the LinkedIn update provides helpful business tools that allow you to keep connected to your professional networks.
* Please note it could take up to 24 hours for the apps to appear in the BlackBerry World storefront.
What’s new in Twitter v10.0.1:
- Doing more on the Compose Tweet Screen – An enhanced Compose Tweet Screen allows you to take a new photo or add an existing one, add your location, and offers a shortcut for “@”.
- Composing Direct Messages – It’s now easier for you to compose a Direct Message – you can do it right from the “Me” tab within the app. Viewing Direct Messages from your contacts is also available in the BlackBerry Hub.
- Edit Profile – You can now edit your profile picture, header, and details from your BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
- Conversation view – You’ll see full conversation history when clicking on a Tweet.
- Improved Image Viewing – You can now view pic.twitter.com full screen images, as well as pinch to zoom and pan images from the Tweet details. Also, you can view full screen profile pictures from other Twitter users.
- Deleting Tweets – You are now able to delete your own tweets from any screen where their tweet is displayed. It’s as simple as holding down on a tweet and selecting the trash icon.
- Block and Report as Spam – Block and report users as spam.
- Enhanced Menu – Do more from the timeline, with new options to “Quote Tweet” after selecting “Retweet” as well as “Open Tweet” to view the tweet details page.
What’s new in LinkedIn v10.0.1:
- LinkedIn Messages – Allows you to quickly message your connections from their profile page.
- Enhanced Job Search tools – You now have access to view, search and save jobs that are ‘Recommended’ for you.
- LinkedIn Today – Choose the LinkedIn news that matters the most by filtering the news by Industries you are interested in.
- Better Image Viewing – Full-screen viewing of LinkedIn profiles for an enhanced visual experience.
So, to recap: Twitter v10.0.1 offers a variety of updates that gives you more options while you tweet, including an enriched Compose Tweet Screen, better Image Viewing and an enhanced Edit Profile feature. LinkedIn v10.0.1 allows you to keep closely connected to your LinkedIn networks through new features with Messaging, Job Search and Image Viewing.
Twitter v10.0.1 and LinkedIn v10.0.1 are available as free downloads in the BlackBerry World storefront. (Again, please note that it could take up to 24 hours for the apps to appear in the BlackBerry World storefront.) Try them both out and let us know what you think in the comments below.